Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cruisin'








Our cruise was a blast. It wasn’t the cruise we had planned but it ended up being ok. The weekend before we left (we left on a Monday) we were looking over the excursions and saw that our ports had all changed. No one had let us know so I was way confused and kinda upset. We finally got a hold of our travel agent who let us know that they had to change the ports because something to do with the boat. So all of our ports were at the Bahamas. Oh well. We still had fun and they gave us credit to spend which was nice. Our first day was at Nassau. We decided to just look around the city. We went with a local tour guide who showed us a lot of cool stuff and the ghetto and rich area. Then we went over to Atlantis which is so expensive. I don’t get why people would pay so much to stay at a hotel. One of the rooms was 25,000 a night with a five night minimum! Then we went snorkeling which was one of the funnest things we did. I was amazed at how many fish there were and they weren’t even scared of you. They would just swim right up to you. It scared me at first but once I realized they weren’t going to eat the flesh off my body I was ok







They next day was as Freeport. We shopped and bought our souvenirs. Laid on the beach…took pictures…blah blah blah. Wasn’t that interesting. Moving on…


The last day was at Carnivals private island…Half Moon Cay. This was our favorite because we about had it with all the local pestering. We snorkeled by ourselves on this day and also went parasailing! Holy cow! I didn’t let go the whole time but I would totally do it again. They put you up so high and you can see so many things. The water is so clear so you can see all the corals under the water too (that’s how we knew where to go snorkeling :- ))












No comments: