Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ragnar? Yeah ok

So its almost been a year ago that my friend invited me to be on her Ragnar team. At first I just laughed and told her I don't run. I try and run sometimes but it usually doesn't last very long because I feel like I'm going to die. Being able to tolerate running has always been a goal of mine. Just not one I'm good at sticking with. So I decided if I commited to running the Ragnar it would push me to do it. Being pregnant was just an extra challenge that decided to come along for the ride. (that really wasn't that bad. I was just really tired my first trimester so training took a lot of motivation). The Ragnar was the third week in June and it was so fun. I'm so proud of myself for doing it and Kendell and I are already trying to put a team together for next year! So you can understand how far I came...Kendell is a cross country runner and so when he ran the Ragnar I would just ride my bike next to him. When we got married he talked me into running with him a few times. We would get to the end of the neighborhood (2 blocks) and I would start walking and tell him I was gonna die. He would just put his hand on my back and not let me stop. Well on the Ragnar I ran a total of 16 miles with my longest leg 7 miles! Take that! WOO HOO! I didn't take my camera but Kendell and Mufasa suprised me and ran my last leg with me so they were there at the finish and took a picture on his phone. I tried to post it here but its super blurry. Sorry. Just imagine it in your head :-)

1 comment:

Steve said...

impressive .... wish I could still run, but not to be