Well I think we have spread the news well enough that everyone will probably know by now...We're EXPECTING! Yeah!!! So now you get to read the story. We were planning on trying soon after Kendell graduated but I guess this little one was just a little eager. Which is fine and dandy with us! Just a tiny bit surprised :- ) So I didn't think I was pregnant and went along with my normal business for the week. When things did not progress as they should have I got curious but thought for sure it couldn't be. Kendell was about to do his 48 hour shift over the weekend so I knew I needed to find out before he went to work. I rushed to the store on my way home from work and got the stuff to tell him just in case the test came back positive. Sure enough...2 lines quickly appeared on the stick. So I went about preparing this little announcement for when Kendell got home. I have been excited to be pregnant for a long time but possibly even more excited to announce it. I always see people coming up with the cutest ideas to tell people and couldn't wait for my turn. I had this idea for a while.

This was placed in Kendell's closet so when he came home and changed his clothes he would be sure to see it. When he finally stopped talking and focused on what he was doing he just laughed at me and said..."Your not pregnant" Somewhat expecting this answer because it was April and Kendell celebrates April fools day the entire month of April....I showed him the evidence. He then asked me who peed on the stick for me. He didn't actually believe me until the following Monday when I got my blood work checked at the doctor. At this point I wanted to call my whole phonebook and tell everyone. We finally decided not to tell anyone until after the ultrasound. Boy was that a hard couple weeks. Especially since the weekend before the ultrasound we had a huge family reunion in Montana and nearly every single person asked if I was pregnant or when I was planning on getting pregnant. (Sorry for all the lies)
A couple days after the ultrasound I gave my parents a little gift with a card with the ultrasound in it. They were super excited. A couple days after that Kendell's family had a party at chuckecheese. We prepared this poster and took it to the party early for Chucky to bring to the table while we were eating. It was fun to watch everyones reaction.

Then of course we had to get Mufasa involved in all the fun. Our good friends that live across the street have a yellow lab that is bestest friends with Mufasa. They play all the time. So we made this shirt for Mufasa and sent him over for a play date : -)
One of the funnest announcements we did was have a party up at Kendell's family property in Morgan with all of his friends. We decided to play a card game with them called bang that we all seem to enjoy. On one of the cards to be drawn from the deck we had taped a message that I was pregnant. It took a while to get the card to come out but it was fun to have everyone there to find out together ha ha.
So that about sums it up. I haven't been too sick. Just one long day at work that I think I was actually truelly sick (not pregnancy sick). Just very tired all the time and always could go for some Chili's chips and queso! (hint hint) I'm excited for our adventure to come. This baby should be here just in time for Christmas! So stay tuned for further baby updates! Yippeee!!!!
4 comments:
Super glad you posted your blog on facebook! What a cute way to tell your hubby! I took the test after I got off a night shift and just jumped on the bed and told mine haha congrats!
Congratulations!! That is so exciting!! Looks like everything is going well for you guys!! :)
You've got to keep up on the updates now! The next update can't be, and now we have a baby...
I am so happy for you!!! Congrats!!! There is nothing like having a little one in the home! You will be an amazing Mom!! You were always so cute with my kids. Love ya Brit! Keep me updated. I want to see pictures of you all cute and pregnant.
Post a Comment